Saturday 6 November 2010

Julia's back in town

I'm trying to get all of my recent antics blogged about before I head off to Oz so here follows a brief account of my reunion with Ms Julia Inkster which took place on Monday 1st November at around 4.10pm (on account of the train having brake issues).
Our first important activity was getting on the trampoline. Julia was a pro, I was a wuss (Sally, Fred, Lals, recall the hamster wheel if you will). Here Julia demonstrates how it's done.
We then went out for an drink at the waterfront bar and sat out in the glorious evening sun.

After a spiffing tea (many thanks Chef Julia) we went for a walk along the beach to catch the last of the sunset. It was beauteous as you see.


On the tuesday we went for a walk in Queen Elizabeth II Park and had a wee picnic. It was another stunner of a day and South Island was very clear right from the sounds down to the snow covered Kaikouras.




The afternoon saw us relaxing with a book and later on a bit more bouncing ensued. Thankfully I was less of a wuss on this day (though as you will see from the pic I was nowhere near as good as Julia).

No comments: